Pin It!

Classes

April 1, 2014

Stamping Not Required!

You can create beautiful cards without owning a single stamp! A couple of punches and an embossing folder were the main ingredients used to make this adorable anniversary card in just a few minutes. I recently sent two of these "owl couples" off in the mail to a friend of mine in Nova Scotia and to one of my sisters as well who both recently celebrated wedding anniversaries. Making two cards instead of just one really doesn't require a lot of extra work - I find once you have an idea, you are 80% finished! This card didn't have any extra embellishments on it so it was nice and flat, making it snail mail-friendly!

Cherry Cobler, Basic Black, and Whisper White were the colors I chose for this card. I CASEd (Copy and Share Everything) this card from Pintrest (sorry I don't know who the original creator was as someone had pinned it from Etsy); all I did was change up the embossing folder to one I had that reminded me of a brick wall - a perfect perch for these love birds!
Supplies Used:
Paper: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Punches and Tools: Owl Builder Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Circles Collection Framelits, Big Shot, 
SNAIL adhesive, scissors,
embossing folder (non SU!)
The little heart was also created using the Owl Builder Punch. I love it when you can get multiple uses out of a single item! Stampin' Up! punches are must-haves for cutting out coordinating stamped images and for creating fun accents on their own!
Check out all the great punches (over 40!) and more from My Canadian Stampin' Up! Store!
Thanks for stopping by, Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment