Pin It!

Classes

September 16, 2014

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is just a month away here in Canada! I can't believe how fast September is flying by. We wait for so long for the warm summer days to arrive and then they come and go far to quickly. Growing up on a dairy farm in Nova Scotia we were always very aware of the changing seasons as the daily chores changed with them.

Anyway, enough reminiscing! Today I have another Thanksgiving card to share with you using lots of goodies from the new Holiday Catalog!
I used the same colour palette as yesterday with Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, and Mossy Meadow. I colored the little wooden leaf accent with my Cajun Craze Marker and put a few threads from the 1-1/4" burlap ribbon behind it.

One way to get a bit more mileage out of your DSP (designer series paper) is to cut a hole in it - seriously! It is going to be covered up anyway, so just cut out the part that will be hidden and save it for another project! I used my Stampin' Trimmer to help me - you could also use a framelit and your Big Shot to cut out a piece of DSP before adhering it to your underlying card base.
Supplies Used:
Paper: Color Me Autumn DSP, Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow
Ink: Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow
Stamp Set: For All Things
Accessories: Autumn Wooden Elements, Linen Thread, 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment