Pin It!

Classes

December 17, 2015

Snow Place Swap for OnStage Local

Last month I attended a Stampin' Up! event in Edmonton. It used to be that Stampin' Up! would hold conventions for each market - for the North American market this would always take place in Salt Lake City in July, the South Pacific conference was held at a different time of the year, etc. Now that SU has become a global company with markets in ten countries, they wanted to leverage this exciting worldwide growth. Their new OnStage events will be held in April and in November and will allow demonstrators to gather simultaneously around the world to share the excitement of new catalogue releases, recognize achievements, receive training, and feel a part of a larger, global SU community. There were 2 events held in Canada - one in Mississauga and one in Edmonton. It was a 1-day event and it truly felt like a mini convention. The stars of the show, of course, were the new upcoming Sale-A-Bration catalogue and new Spring Occasions Catalogue. They spoiled us (as they always do!) with free stamp sets, prize patrols, and chances to play with new products.Swapping is always a fun event amongst demonstrators where you get to share ideas and meet new friends! I used the adorable Snow Place stamp set to create this swap:
I had the idea for this card in my head for a while and was so pleased when it translated onto paper exactly how I had pictured it! I used the Ovals Framelits to make my igloo after embossing my Whisper White paper with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. The black oval for the igloo "doorway" was just punched out of Basic Black with the Large Oval Punch, and I sponged the edges with white craft ink. Lots of other supplies were used...if you have questions feel free to ask and I would be more than happy to explain further!

I am very happy to say that the Snow Way stamp set and coordinating framelits will be sticking around after the end of the 2015 Holiday Catalogue! Time just went too quickly, and I did not get to play with this bundle enough this holiday season.

You can bundle the Snow Place photopolymer stamp set and the Snow Friends Framelits Dies and save 15% (item #140844, $55.25). Head over to my online store to purchase this adorable bundle!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment