Pin It!

Classes

March 4, 2016

Happy International Scrapbooking Day!

Scrapbooking has been around for decades, and March 4 is International Scrapbooking Day! Scrapbooking is all about preserving memories with photos, letters, keepsakes, etc. and is immensely popular all over the world. I began my papercrafting journey with traditional scrapbooking close to 20 years ago and I am ashamed to say I quickly lost interest. I found it VERY time-consuming and overwhelming and only completed a handful of pages over the years. While I love the look and idea of scrapbooking, I just never found the time, like so many other people.

Project Life was created by Becky Higgins many years ago. It is a simplified method of memory keeping and scrapbooking utilizing pocket pages, and Project Life by Stampin' Up! was introduced a couple of years ago. To be honest, I had never heard of Project Life before SU partnered with them, and I am hooked! It is crazy-simple, super-fun, and still gives you the look and personalization of scrapbooking. Better yet, with Project Life by Stampin' Up! everything coordinates! The cards match SU paper, ink, embellishments, etc. Here's a quick intro video:

What's even better, you can combine traditional scrapbook pages with pocket pages to highlight a few special pictures! Here's a page I made of our new kitten Felix who we brought home in June last year. With just a few cards and accessories from the Moments Like These collection, this page came together quickly.



Isn't he cute?! He was only 6 weeks old in these pictures!

Check out the Project Life by Stampin' Up! collection in my online store - there are albums, thinlits, framelits, and much, more more! Be sure to check out the clearance rack too - there's some Project Life by SU stuff there too for over 50% off!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment